Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Recipes: yes or no?

Abigail Elizabeth Boatwright food photos

Hello blog land. I would like your input. A few people have asked me to share some of the recipes I've cooked recently. I always cook from a recipe, but in the last few years, being a single working girl, I pretty much only made something more than pasta+spaghetti sauce on the once or twice a week occasions when Zach came over. Now that we're married, I make something probably 3 times a week. One of my favorite parts of having him around all the time is the chance to try recipes I've never made before--I have stacks of books and allrecipes.com at my fingertips, so it's been really fun!

My question for you is this: Would you guys like to see some of them? It seems like it's a newlywed trend to post recipes, and I haven't done it before simply because I didn't think there'd be an interest. I make what looks good to eat--to me--and stuff that's pretty healthy.... and most importantly, meals that are quick and easy. I'm not Rachel Ray by any means, and I don't have hours to make a meal most of the time! I tried to make a recipe of hers once and her 30-min dish took me 2 hours to prepare and make. I also haven't been all awesome photographer-y with the food. I make food and then take a pic with my point and shoot--just for posterity. :-) I could do better, I suppose... ;-)

If you don't want to see recipes, you can post that too. I know it's not something everyone likes. If you want me to e-mail you instead, tell me that! Just looking for input. :-) love y'all!

4 comments:

  1. post away! i love recipes, personally. pioneer woman has a really great set up for saving recipes in a "recipe box" and i've been dabbling with that recently...i love to cook, and would love to read of some of your new endeavors! they have sounded amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love recipes, so post away. I'll be trying some of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES PLEASE!!! I'd love to see the recipe matched with the photos of your finished product!

    ReplyDelete