Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Europe trip: A day in Angers

Hello Friends! It seems that some of you are chomping at the bit to hear about our Europe trip. :-) Well, your wait is over(kinda). I've decided to blog the days of my trip now that I am back--with photos. Hopefully it won't take me 20 days to relay it, but I do hope you enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed my trip.

Before I get to the good stuff, I just have to say that The Dark Knight was excellent. Zach and I arrived home from Europe, grabbed Chick Fil A and headed straight to the theater. It was really good! 


One more thing. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of my playlist. Got any good music selections?

 



OK, on to our trip! Zach and I flew to Paris and arrived July 17 in the morning. We got on train to go two hours to Angers(pronounced Ahn-jay) to hang out with my host family, the Charbonels, from when I studied abroad.

I really liked the Charles De Gaulle train station architecture.


Angers is located in the Loire Valley in northwest France. My host dad, Max, drove us around to see the Loire and nearby towns. Above is a cute little house we found along the way.

Here's Max! I have yet to meet a funnier or nicer Frenchman!

The Charbonels have a sunroom where all the fun meals happen. I loved the flowers!


Zach loved the beer Max had. I couldn't tell you the name, but it sure was delicious! Max is a retired chef, so our meal was delicious of course! This is their kitchen.


Obligatory damask photo. I was so happy to see that actual French people love damask too. Just wait till my next post to see what I mean! This is their living room.

Patricia is my precious host mom. Europeans love their Nutella(and you KNOW I love it) so they have larger containers. This is pretty much the largest Nutella jar I've seen thus far! We were all amazed. :-)


Zach and I took a photo right when we arrived in Angers. You can see how beautiful the town is. It's a small town with six universities.

Zach took this photo of the Charbonel's sun room. I want one!



Angers is home to a castle, in addition to a beautiful cathedral. We had only a short time there, so we were only able to see the outside of the castle. More reasons to come back!


So ends day one of our trip. Let me know what ya think!


1 comment:

  1. ok... I already read this post via facebook today... but I clicked the link to your blog in HOPES that there were MORE chronicles of your Euro-adventure! Give the people what they want!!!

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete