Thursday, September 4, 2008

Catchin' up



It's time to take a little break from the Europe photos. I have them in my computer, ready to post, but I feel like it's been a long time since I've written about anything more recent! Katie, you were right on with your comment last post. :-)

First and foremost in my mind right now is my horse Willy. Last post, I mentioned he was showing symptoms of laminitis(founder) and I've been treating him according to vet's orders  since then. He wasn't all the way better, so I had the vet come out and check on him for my peace of mind. The vet decided that he DID founder last week, so he pulled Willy's shoes off and put some lily pads on his hooves--I tried to find some online to show you, but I couldn't find them. He also gave Willy some more medicine and I have to ice his feet every day. The good news is that Willy is getting better now, and it was a mild case, so he should recover completely. The bad news is that I read this article about laminitis tonight and I am just sick. Willy was lame and in pain starting at least that Sunday when i checked on him, and I waited it out for several days, thinking he was just sore from getting new shoes recently. Meanwhile, thats when everything was happening in his hooves, and I could have been icing them and could have called the vet sooner. I don't think he suffered a whole lot of damage, but I guess we won't know for a little bit longer. I really hope he'll be able to be completely sound and without another laminitis episode ever again. 

Sorry for the depressing topic. On to other things going on recently! I took this photo at PF Changs when I went to dinner with my friend Belinda. Thought it was cool... and it reminds me of something I saw in Milan... there's a teaser for ya cause Milan photos are coming up soon!
Here is one of the photos from the Beth Moore conference I mentioned last week. Friends Hannah and Shannon--it's been too long! We had a blast with the rest of the girls and I really think we need to make it an annual thing. I also saw my very dear friend Stephanie with her mom and new husband's family. 
This was the sunrise at Toni's house in Somerset, where we stayed the Friday of the conference. I promise I didn't touch it in photoshop.
    Jashley and Grant left for South Korea last Thursday for a year. I was so sad to see them go. What will I do without my modern-day Princess Bride couple? The Boatwrights threw one last get-together with family and a few friends the night before they left. After dinner we went back to their house. Zach's cousin Daniel and his wife Eva brought along their baby Rylie. She and Zach had their own entertainment show going on!
Last weekend I went to College Station for the A&M vs. Arkansas State game with my brother Jonathan. He was awesome enough to get me a ticket on the student side with him. Let's not talk about the score... check out my photo. :-)
On that note, I'm saying good night. I've got photos ready to be put in order and Cinque Terre fun to talk about, so that will be posted soon!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the update! Feels like I got a good visit in with you. :)

    Um, first let me just say, that baby is friggin' adorable!

    Also, that sunset is GORGEOUS!

    And finally, miss you.

    ReplyDelete