Sunday, October 11, 2015

Tuileries, Paris Fashion Week and Musee L'Orangerie


The next day, we hoped to go back to Pere Lachaise (read my other post about the famous cemetery HERE) to take photos of it in the snow, but we found it closed due to that snow. Makes total sense because the walkways were probably icy. But we stopped at a boulangerie for savory pastries, croissants and sweet pastries.

so yummy

The boulangerie

Stacy and Jason were to look at an apartment in Trocadero with a realtor, so we headed that way and spotted the Eiffel Tower. We took some photos while we waited for their appointment.






After grabbing coffee at the bistro across the street from the apartment because it was so cold. Zach and I went back to the Tuileries to visit Musee l'Orangerie.


My favorite part of the museum was Monet's two-room Water Lilies piece. It was so cool! 



I love the Rodin sculptures, but in the snow some of them seemed humorous. :-)

All the single ladies?

She's really cold!


After we explored the museum, we walked outside to the above views. As we stood there, we noticed a group of people congregating by an area with "Dior" over two doorways.



After looking at it for a while, we realized it was actually a two-story mirror over a pop-up building! With the trees and everything, it was totally hidden.

Do you see the building??
We realized a Dior fashion show was going on right then. We had a good vantage point at the museum balcony to see people walking out, but I didn't see anyone  I recognized. Here are some of the interesting outfits though!





I would totally wear this.


I didn't bring my umbrella to the museum, and it snowed on us the whole time we were outside, so we met back up with Stacy and returned to the Imperial for more coffee! Stacy and Jason actually ended up leasing that apartment, so we had reason to celebrate!

As I'm looking back on these photos, I realized we were cold a *lot* during this trip. So we drank a lot of hot beverages.
That evening, we walked around the fancy shops and I got some lingerie from Chantelle Thomas and THEN! We went to my Mecca, the flagship Christian Louboutin shoe store.

I've been once, on our honeymoon, but didn't buy anything. This time I had a pair of shoes in mind, but they didn't have them in stock. However! They did have the perfect shoe... in my size... and PURPLE... 40% off and with a de-tax at the airport, made them cheaper than any pair of Louboutins you could find in the states. So... I got them.

ooh lala!

Happy campers
We finished the night with delicious pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment