Saturday, October 10, 2015

Visiting the snowy Tuileries and the Louvre

 On the next day, we woke up to more snow!! So we visited the Tuileries gardens. The snowflakes were huge and so beautiful, and it was really cool to see the Tuileries covered in a blanket of snow.






My handsome travel partner

Jason, bundled up warms


Photogs unite!

After our morning in the Tuileries, we stopped at a brassiere across the street called The Imperial. Prime location, and the food was really good. To warm up, I got a double cafe creme, which is so American... but I felt revived!

Huge cup of coffee, especially in France!

I had Bœuf Bourguignon for the first time. Basically beef stew with mashed potatoes. I'd been reading Julia Child's memoir about her time in Paris, and she talked at length about this meal so it seemed only fitting. Such a filling and delicious meal!



Bœuf Bourguignon

After lunch, we parted ways with Stacy and Jason and Zach and I headed to the Louvre for some sightseeing. We'd both been inside (separately) before, but it had been a good long time, so we were excited to see it together.




The sculptures are my favorite.

Such decadence!

Venus de Milo

I really love this sculpture - the Winged Victory of Samothrace

Zach loves this part because the Da Vinci Code is one of his favorite books.

Hanging with Mona

After our 4-hour visit to the Louvre, where we wore out our feet, we reunited with Stacy and Jason and met up with my friend Claire. On the way to meet her, we saw the beautiful and chilly Seine.

The Seine under snow

We met Claire at a teeny bar that I could compare to a piano bar, except with a guitar. Crammed with French people, we all sipped our drinks and called out requests to the singer... and sang along! SO much fun.

Choosing our songs!

Such fun

Dear Claire!

After our visit to the bar, we ate at a Thai restaurant and just walked around. The Seine is always pretty, even at night.
The Seine

No comments:

Post a Comment