Friday, December 19, 2008

My name is Abby, and I love Jane Austen movies.


It's not news that Pride and Prejudice-2005 is my favorite movie of all time. I can't even count how many times I've seen it, listened to the soundtrack and imagined myself in this movie. :-) The book is amazing as well, and we can't forget about the BBC mini-series, but this one takes the cake.
Growing up, I liked watching movies like Sense & Sensibility and Emma, but not as much as other movies.  I watched Emma not too long ago and realized how great it is. :-)

Last year Zach gave me the complete collection of Jane Austen novels for Christmas. I've been slowly reading through them. I love to read the books and watch the movies right before or after. This summer I read Northanger Abbey right after visiting Bath in England-- where most of Jane Austen's characters visit at some point or another. It was such a fun read. My friend Alicia is a fellow Jane Austen fan and she has most of the movies in her collection. She brought over the movie. I loved it!



Zach is also a fan of these "period pieces" and he owns Sense & Sensibility(I think it's actually his mom's :-)) so we watched it too.

 More recently, Alicia brought over Persuasion...  I like it a lot too! Jane Austen books/movies just kind of seem to grow on me. You really have to pay attention, but it's the little things that make them so great. I'm pretty sure one of the best love letters ever written is contained in Persuasion.

Anyone else enjoy Jane Austen's works? Surely I am not alone! :-)


4 comments:

  1. This is my favorite post you've ever done. No surprise I easily could have written the exact same words. Because as we both know, J.A. is the third wheel in our relationship.

    BTW don't forget I AM Catherine Morland...note to self...find Henry Tilney...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL thanks alicia! So true, so true. You do need a Mr. Tilney. :-P Start wearing muslin so he can comment on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see Persuasion!

    And yes, I'm a Jane Austen fanatic. I'm pretty sure there are 12-step programs out there for my (our) level of addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't worry- I've seen every movie you posted. seriously.

    ReplyDelete