Thursday, October 30, 2008

Falling in love with Fall!

The past 2 weekends have been so much fun. I got to have friends come and stay with me! That doesn't happen too often, so I was really excited. I've got some photos to share--offf course. :-)

First though, I wanted to show y'all Alfred's latest Pierre-proof spot--the top of the refrigerator. I walked in the house to see him perched atop one of the higher spots in my house. Pierre's maximum altitude is the coffee table.

Alicia hung out with me weekend before last, and we had a great time. We played the piano, watched Northanger Abbey, ran errands, went to see Willy and played with the cats.
The highlight of the weekend was getting to see Michelle Branch at the State Fair of Texas. If you have known me for any length of time, especially the high school days, you know that Michelle is one of my top 5 favorite artists, and I wore out her cds. I'm pretty sure i've listened to the Spirit Room more than any other cd I own, know all the words to all the songs and her music has gotten me through all of life's romantic highs and lows. Zach and I saw her last year at Billy Bob's with her duet partner in the Wreckers, but I was sadly disappointed that she didn't play even one of her solo songs. 

This was NOT the case at the State Fair. Lucky for us, she delivered a solo acoustic concert of all her older hits and some new ones coming soon. I loved her updated versions of my favorites, and I was so happy that she played almost all the songs I love the most! I'm so glad Alicia and I got to go!

This past weekend, my friends Faith and Damon came to visit.(sorry! I think I'm done with the blog links already!) These talented graphic artists both like to take photos, and so we spent some time checking out what Dallas and Fort Worth had to offer in the way of architecture. 

Here's Faith and Damon taking photos of the skyline. I'll do some PS work, Faith, to get ride of those powerlines... :-) I just wanted to show you!
Shooting in the evening/night made me really want to get a tripod. There were so many shots I would have liked to have taken, but I made do with leaning against things. Here's my Dallas skyline pic.
Zach was keeping watch over my car, but the light was perfect for a silhouette. He was in his suit for work, not to model for me this time. ;-)

After dinner at El Fenix, we went over to Victory Park. I was surprised at how well this photo came out sans tripod!


The next day, Zach and I  went to Six Flags Over Texas theme park with Faith and Damon--thanks to their season pass coupons! But first, Pierre got some more love. What a chunk he is! Also, I have to tell y'all that my piano definitely got a lot of use because Faith is an amazing pianist. :-)


I'm a big chicken, but I braved all the rides yet again. Faith has always been able to get me to ride scary coasters, ever since I was little!

After our hard-hitting theme park trip, the four of us tucked into burgers at Al's burger joint in arlington. I didn't bring my camera into the park--good thing--so here is the proof of our excursion. :-)

Here are Faith and Damon. Aren't they just precious? ;-P


We ended our fun day with a double feature of rented scary movies. yikes!

That's all I've got for now folks! This weekend should be super fun, so I'm sure I'll have more photos in the next few days! Hope you have a happy Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for fun weekends and Michelle Branch! Remember the awkward pen of camels and llamas afterward???

    Your skyline pic looks just like a postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I forget the miniature noah's ark exhibit! Thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY it's letting me post now!

    yay for dallas trips! and yes we are absolutely adorable! :) love the shots you took too of zach. him and his stupid good-looking silhouette...!

    ReplyDelete